Learning Curves Driving
(Students under 18)
Learning Curves Driving School is licensed by the State of North Carolina, Division of Motor Vehicles. Learning Curves Driving School will provide a minimum of 30 hours of classroom instruction, 6 hours of behind-the-wheel (BTW) instruction by state licensed instructors. BTW instruction shall not begin until the student has successfully completed 30 hours of classroom instruction.
- Tuition for the Permit Prep (30 hours of classroom and 6 hours of BTW) training course is $399.
- In the event a student misses 4+ classes or otherwise is not able to successfully complete course they will be reassigned to a future session.
- If additional driving time is requested, students may schedule additional sessions at the rate of $50 per hour with a minimum session of 90 minutes.
- Cancellation of driving and testing appointments must be made at least 24 hours before the scheduled appointment. Students will be charged $50.00 if cancellation is made less than 24 hours before the appointment begins.
- Payments can be made using a credit card, debit card, personal check, money order, or cash. There will be a $35.00 service charge for all returned checks.
- Completion Certificate will be provided at the end of the class and will be required when student goes to the DMV for their permit. If this is lost there is a $25.00 certificate replacement fee.
- The student must be at least 14 years/6 months of age by the first scheduled day of class but less than 17years/ 8 months of age (verification by birth certificate required).
- In order to pass the course the student must complete all course assignments and have at least a 70% average on quizzes and tests.
- Driving lessons are subject to appropriate weather conditions. We do continue with driving lessons in light to moderate rain but for the safety of our students and instructors we may need to cancel a lesson in the event of inclement weather. When that happens we will call or text to notify the student and get student rescheduled in a timely manner.
- Under this agreement an instructor may not provide behind-the-wheel training to more than three individual students.
- While Learning Curves Driving School will put forth its best efforts in teaching the student to meet the requirements of the NC Division of Motor Vehicles examination, the school cannot guarantee that the student will successfully pass a DMV exam upon completion of the course.
- Attendance: North Carolina state law requires that students attend 30 hours of classroom instruction. Missed classes must be made up and completed during another session. Locations for makeup dates are subject to change and cannot be guaranteed.
- Learning Curves limits our class sizes to no more than 30 students. No more than 3 hours of classroom work on a school day and no more than six hours on a non-school day for unlicensed individuals under the age of 18.
If for any reason you decide to withdraw from the course before its completion, your refund will be based on the following:
- 75% refund will be given if student withdraws prior to class beginning.
- 50% refund will be issued if student withdraws prior to any Behind-The-Wheel instruction.
- 10% refund will be issued if student begins Behind-The-Wheel instruction but does not complete.
- If either the school or the instructor fails to comply with the provisions of any contract or agreement between the school and the student, the school shall refund, on a pro rate basis, all monies collected from the student as consideration for the performance of the contract or this agreement.
This agreement constitutes the entire contract between the school and the student, and any verbal assurances or promises not contained herein shall bind neither the school nor the student.